Starting the Shoulder Armor

I haven’t been getting enough done on this project lately, so I started work on a new part: the shoulder armor for the left arm. I started by using the Blender model to create five cross-sections of the part – I then transferred these cross-sections to styrene, cut them out and assembled them, and filled in with clay – then laid on a 2mm thick layer of rolled epoxy putty to create the part itself.

The resulting part still needs work but it seems like a good start. Compared with the method I used to make the head I think this way is significantly easier and faster. (This is a technique that was used in the Gundam Scratchbuild Manual to make a head part…)




Post a Comment

  • Archives

  • May 2022
    S M T W T F S
    1234567
    891011121314
    15161718192021
    22232425262728
    293031  
  • Recent Comments

  • Recent Posts