HGUC Zaku #84 “Completed” (mostly) »

In the last few days before Otakon I made an effort to finish up the HGUC Zaku so I could display it in the Otakon model contest. I was basically successful; the model was in a state that I could reasonably call “finished” and the Zaku won “Best in Show” in the Gunpla Builders World […]

Fixing the HGUC Zaku (part 5) »

Lots of changes as I’m trying to wrap up the structural portion of this project and move on to painting… The electronics are done, new “power cables” are installed. Hand casting is done (though there’s still some cleanup to do) and I’m sealing up the last few assemblies that were kept un-glued for the sake […]

More HGUC Zaku nonsense (part 4) »

It always bugs me when kits I’m working on have poor details, and Zaku kits always seem to have a couple major issues along those lines: the kit-supplied hands are usually crap, and the monoeye is usually embarassingly simplistic even on the best kits. The monoeye thing is a real problem, because the eye is […]

Fixing the HGUC Zaku (part 3) »

Since last time I’ve been spending a fair bit of time trying to improve the modified legs and get them to better match up with one another. Additionally, I’ve recast the shoulder armor and permanently mounted it to the Zaku, and I’ve done a bit of work improving the look of the elbow joints.

Fixing the HGUC Zaku (part 2) »

Last time I talked a bit about what’s wrong with the HGUC Zaku, what inspired me to try to fix it, and showed a little bit of the process and the results of the modifications applied to the left leg. Since then, I’ve applied the same modifications to the right side. There’s still some rough […]

Fixing the HGUC Zaku »

When the HGUC Zaku was first released, I was thrilled at the prospect of a new kit which would return the Zaku to its roots… abandoning the rigid definition and boxy shapes of the MG Zaku and adopting a look more in line with the original Zaku. However, over time, I became frustrated with the […]

A lighter shade of brown »

So for my “Zaku Project” that I’m working on I’m building various Zaku kits- with the exception of the Super Deformed Zaku I’m building, they’re 1:144 scale. I’m going for a sort of sampling of the different (OYW) Zakus out there… The variety of different designs and kits, but all of them very much “Zakus” […]

MP Guncannon – leg, foot, and wrist work… »

So, work continues on the MP Guncannon… Since last time I’ve replaced the wrist joint with one that looks better, and I’ve begun the work broadening the feet and shortening the lower legs…

Mass-Production type Guncannon »

I’ve been working on an Armored Core project lately – unfortunately I’ve been unable to get anywhere with it lately because I’ve run out of Mr. Color black paint… So while I wait for my paint to arrive in the mail, I’m working on some other things. For the last couple days I’ve been working […]

Sockmonkey Sandrock WIP (2008-01-12) »

New changes: Rejointed the arm Built up the front contour of the lower leg a bit with putty so the vents on the knee armor will have the right shape, once I add them Made the cockpit hatch and crotch part narrower I had wanted to rejoint the kit’s elbow, mainly to improve the looks […]

  • Archives

  • April 2017
    S M T W T F S
    « Aug    
     1
    2345678
    9101112131415
    16171819202122
    23242526272829
    30  
  • Recent Comments