New Canopy (day 39)

Last time while working on the chest block and head I actually lost the cockpit canopy part. I figure the original part will turn up sooner or later but it’s a simple enough part that I decided to just build another one. This could be considered a waste of effort but it may be an opportunity to make some improvements as well.


Because the old canopy part was built from the grid-printed styrene plate, it’s easy to get dimensions by looking at photos. I started with another piece of styrene plate and mostly cut it to match the original part. I did make a few changes: I made the top end of the part slightly wider as the old one didn’t quite fit. I also made the bottom end a bit longer. I may trim it down again to something similar to the original length, I haven’t decided yet.

The loss of this part threw a wrench in my efforts to move forward with refining the cockpit hatch and the surrounding area. With this replacement, that work should now be able to move forward again.

Post a Comment

  • Archives

  • June 2022
    S M T W T F S
     1234
    567891011
    12131415161718
    19202122232425
    2627282930  
  • Recent Comments

  • Recent Posts